At a glance
|Location :||On Margherita-Ledo section (Stilwel Road) of the National Highway No-37, in village Baragolai of Margherita township, Assam.|
|Address :||Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEC) Baragolai|
(NEC)Baragolai, P/O: Margherita,
PIN-786181, Dist: Tinsukia, Assam (INDIA)
|Phone :||+91-(0)3751 - 213435, +91-(0)3751 - 221227|
|Classes :||From KG to XII (Arts & Science).|
|Medium of Instruction :||English.|
|Other languages taught:||Assamese, Hindi and Sanskrit.|
|Board :||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.|
|Special patronage :||North Eastern Coalfields, Margherita.|
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEC) Baragolai
Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari took over Kendriya Vidyalaya Baragolai in 2000 on invitation from Coal India Ltd. and as per a Memorandum of Understanding between VK Kanyakumari and Coal India Ltd. The Vidyalaya was named VKV (NEC) Baragolai as it was to be financed by North Eastern Coalfields. It was upgraded to Senior Secondary level in 2002. VKV (NEC) Baragolai is the only CBSE affiliated Sr. Secondary school in the locality covering an area of approx. 40 sq. km (by road) from Powai to Jagun.
Unique Features and Best Practices
• The 45-minute long Balsabhas held in the morning hours on every 1st, 2nd and 3rd Saturdays present a unique forum to the students of Primary Section (Classes I to V) to showcase their talent. These are conducted every 1st Saturday house-wise and every 3rd and 4th Saturdays class-wise.
• Anandalayas are the non-formal schools run under the guidance of Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari and these are meant for underprivileged students of remote locations. The activities of the Anandalayas are carried out by the nearest Vivekananda Kendra Vidyaylaya. At present VKV (NEC) Baragolai is running three Anandalayas: Bisagaon Anandalaya [Students: 37, Teachers: 2], 1 No. Makum Pathar Anandalaya [Students: 39, Teachers: 2] and 4 No. Makum Pathar Anandalaya [Students: 42, Teachers: 2]. On first Wednesday of every month VKV (NEC) Baragolai conducts Anandalaya meeting at school site. The meeting is followed by songs, bhajans, prayers, games etc. Teachers entrusted with the responsibility visit the Anandalayas every month. Every Saturday Samskar Varga classes are conducted in the afternoon for the Anandalaya students. The Vidyalaya supports the Anandalayas in celebrating various important occasions also.
• Apart from regular assembly activities such as Prayer, Pledge, Thought explanation etc. students are allowed to present quiz, devotional songs, folk songs, traditional dances, recitation, yogasanas, stories etc.
• Speaking Blackboard near the entrance has on it General and sports news, Sentence Correction and Thought for the Week as regular items as part of the regular House activities. Apart from these, Weekly School Report is put up on the Board every week. Moreover these are assessed by the teachers on a regular basis.
• The Vidyalaya has been bringing out its annual magazine ‘Adarsh’ since its inception.
• The Vidyalaya brings out wall magazines from time to time to showcase the talent of the students. These are prepared mostly by the students with teachers as their guides.
• The Vidyalaya also organises various theme-based exhibitions at school on relevant occasions.
• Green Card System in improving Spoken English at the school has been playing an important role. The photos of the special achievers are displayed near the entrance. Spoken English Classes (Open to all) are also conducted for students of different age groups from time to time. Sri M. S. Rao initiated these activities.
• Science Club appeared in the year 2009 to help children develop in themselves a scientific temperament and also to popularize science among them. Children who participated in the science exhibition 2009 are the members of the club and the children who were selected in that exhibition are the active members of the science club. The club activities are co-ordinated by Sri Manish Kr. Dey.
• The Vidyalaya conducts competitions for nearby schools from time to time.
• The Vidyalaya conducts Yoga Shibirs for its staff and public from time to time. Moreover a Course in Yoga is an integral part of its school curriculum.
• The Vidyalaya has a trained Band troupe.
• As part of its Extensional Activities, the Vidyalaya has extended its helping hand to Central Academy Tipong, a nearby school. A few books were donated to the students and the teachers of the school on 2nd October 2010 to strengthen their library. On 31st October 2010 a one-day Devotional and Patriotic Song Training Workshop was conducted for the teachers of the school.
Remarkable achievements of the school:
The Vidyalaya is scaling new heights in both academics and sports as years pass by.
•Many students of the Vidyalaya have successfully completed and are still pursuing various professional courses such as Medicine, Engineering, Poly-technique etc.
•Many students of the Vidyalaya have won various academic competitions at district, state and national levels.
•Prestigious CBSE Teacher’s Award 2005 was conferred on Sri. S.N.T. RajaRam, the then Principal of the school, on 4th September 2005 by the Human resource Development Minister Sri. Arjun Singh at the India International Centre, New Delhi. He was given a certificate and a cash award of Rs. 25000/- in recognition of his excellence in the field of education.
• Most remarkable achievement of the Vidyalaya in sports has been the clinching of the Champion’s title three times in the CBSE Cluster-I Kho-Kho (Boys) Tournament (East Zone). Hence the Vidyalaya qualified to play at National level CBSE Kho-Kho (Boys) Tournament in 2004, 2007 and recently in 2010. Moreover, ‘Best Kho-Kho Player of the Tournament’ award in the CBSE Cluster-I Kho-Kho (Boys) Tournament (East Zone) was bagged by the players of the Vidyalaya three times: Kr. Deenanath Gour in 2004, Kr. D. Srinivas in 2007 and by Kr. P. Jagan in 2010.
• Apart from many trophies in various categories, the Vidyalaya has bagged the most coveted ‘Best Sports Team’ award in the 7th Vivekananda Krida Mahotsava, 2011.
The Vidyalaya has successfully completed 10 glorious years of its service in the vicinity of Margherita. It has basked in its grand decennial celebration culminating in the 7th Vivekananda Krida Mahotsava, in which 13 VKVs of Assam and Nagaland participated. The Vidyalaya conducted Declamation, Sit-and-Draw and Elocution competitions for 11 nearby schools also as part of its decennial celebration.