Donors of the school land: Smt. Smriti Lata Roy (wife of Late Adhir Chandra Roy), Sri Bimelendu Roy and Sri Dhyanendu Roy (sons of Late Adhir Chandra Roy) donated the school land. Both Bimelendu Roy and Dhyanendu Roy are well-known businessmen of Silchar.
Unique Features and Best Practices
• The Vidyalaya conducts morning assembly in four languages viz. English, Hindi, Sanskrit and Bengali alternately on four days of the week.
• Apart from the teachers, the students also are allowed to anchor and conduct various programmes.
• Involvement of the students and parents in various programmes of the Vidyalaya.
• Special guests having expertise in different fields are invited to the Vidyalaya to guide the children.
• It is compulsory for students and teachers to speak in English inside the campus.
• Yoga classes are conducted regularly.
• Students are taught through audio-visual aids also.
• The Vidyalaya conducts soft subject classes viz. Martial Arts, Fine Arts, Music etc. on two days in a week for all-round development of the child.
• The Vidyalaya creates environmental sensitivity among the students and the parents.
• The Vidyalaya conducts remedial classes for the slow learners.
• Model classes are conducted every second Saturday for the teachers to enrich the teaching-learning process.
• Knowledge of phonetics is given during Spoken English classes.
• The Vidyalya maintains Indian cultural values in its day-to-day activities. Children as well as their guardians are involved through various celebrations to spread the message of Swami Vivekananda.
• The Vidyalaya has already got the middle class approval from C.B.S.E Delhi.
• Su. Lipika Roy, one of the senior teachers of the Vidyalaya, has received B.R.Ambedkar National Fellowship Award for having spread the message of Sankardev in Barak Valley.