Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya, Tumpreng inception ceremony was held on 19th November 2015
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya, Tumpreng inception ceremony was held on 19th November 2015
Are you among those who Swamiji had in mind for awakening the Indians to the MISSION of our Great Motherland?
"A hundred thousand men and women, fired with the zeal of holiness, fortified with eternal faith in the Lord, and nerved to lion’s courage by their sympathy for the poor and the downtrodden, will go over the length and breadth of the land, preaching the gospel of salvation, the gospel of help, the gospel of social raising-up, the gospel of equality."
Come, dedicate yourself to the service of the nation as a Full-time Worker of Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari – a spiritually oriented service mission.
If you do not have a family to look after (or free from any family obligations) and if your are ready to dedicate yourself full-time to the aforementioned task, then you are the ideal choice for the mission Swamiji had placed before us.
It is not a career – but a mission. Your Yogakshema will be taken care of by the Kendra.
Send e-mail for details at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact at the following address with full bio-data and a postal order of Rs.10/-:
Website : www.vkendra.org
"They alone live whose lives are in the whole universe. The more we concentrate our lives in limited things, the faster we go towards death. Those moments alone we live when our lives are in the universe, in others; and living this little life is death, simply death, and that is why the fear of death comes."
Aseem Foundation, a non-profit organisation of Pune, Maharashtra has been conducting online discussions on various useful topics under Abhilasha Project through Video Conferencing for the last few years for various Vidyalayas of the country. This year VKV Ramnagar, VKV Majuli and VKV Umrangso participated in several sessions conducted by it on 'Career in Joornalism', ' Career in Law & Company Secretary' etc.
VKV TINSUKIA: Srutismita Sarmah, Sanjukta Gogoi, Monimukur Saha, Udatta Handique, Bhabna Baruah, Aditya Kumar.
VKV TEZPUR: Rajnish Kashyap, Bishal Nath.
VKV DHEMAJI: Khamseng Dihingia, Dixit Buragohain.
VKV GOLAGHAT: Darshana Gogoi, Samargree Kalita.
VKV DOYANG: Chenithung Patton, Ayush Upadhyay.
VKV KAJALGAON: Chayan Sarkar, Shatabdi Barman, Purabi Rabha.
VKV SIBSAGAR: Archita Nath.
VKV BOROJALENGA: Saurav Das.
VKV BOKULONI: Jahnabi Sonowal, Yubaraj Borah, Nilav Rajkhowa, Sapnanil Hazarika, Atlanta Gogoi.
VKV TINGRAI: Pritam Gogoi, Hemanga Sonowal, Ritupan Phukan, Anuj Kishore Dutta.
VKV MAJULI: Subrata Goswami, Bharat Bhusan Baruah, Pranjit Bhuyan, Arnab Kallul Bora.
VKV UMRANGSO: Aniket Paul, Debosmita Dey, Divya Khanal.
VKV SUKLAI: Bishal Biswakarma, Disha Kumar.
VKV RAMNAGAR (SILCHAR): Ashimananda Bhattacharjee, Abhishek Roy, Diya Singha.
VKV BARAGOLAI: Swagata Borthakur, Princy Dey, Bhargav Borah.
VKV DIBRUGARH: Bhargav Saikia, Sudeepa Bhattacharjee.
VKV NALBARI: Bibhash Ranjan Barman, Suprativ Garg, Riya Dutta Baruah, Swarnadeep Kalita.
Best Cultural Troupe: VKV TINSUKIA
Second Best Cultural Troupe: VKV (NEC) BARAGOLAI
For the first time, VKV (NEEPCO) Umrangso organised a Matri Puja for the students of the outgoing batch of class X. All the students and their mothers attended the puja. It was an intimate emotional moment for the students and their mothers. The puja proved to be successful one in strengthening the bond of love between them. After the completion of the ceremony the students shared their experinces with the Vidyalaya family. Like every year, other VKVs also conducted Matri Puja.
Vivekananda Kendra Shiksha Prasar Vibhag : An Overview
Presently VKSPV has under its set-up 21 Vidyalayas (20 in Assam and 1 in Nagaland), all of them co-educational and CBSE affiliated. Among these there are 4 Vidyalayas financed by various projects, one each at Bokulani, Umrangso, Baragolai and Doyang, and the rest are Self Financed Vidyalayas. It is worth to mention here that a Vidyalaya named Vivkekananda Vidyalaya (in Zirkinding village of Karbi Anglong district of Assam) is also being supported by VKSPV at present.
Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari embarked on its educational project Vivekananda Kendra Shiksha Prasar Vibhag (VKSPV) in 2004 in order to effectively administer all the VKVs of Assam and Nagaland that had been running since the inception of the earliest VKV in 1978 at Tinsukia.
Dibrugarh: Abhibhavak Sammelan on 18.03.2015 on "Briging up of a Child and his future contribution depends on the care taken by the parents and teachers"; 85 parents participated; Chief Guest: Dr. Sovarani Sharma, Prant Pramukh, VK Assam.
Golaghat: Seminar on 'Legal Awareness about Women' on 03.02.2015; Speakers: Mrs. Mallika Dutta, Asst. Session Judge, Advocate Pradyut Madhav Dutta & Mrs. Bonti Gogoi; 42 Participants including teachers and parents.
Bokuloni & Tingrai: 2 Yoga Shibirs at CRPF and CISF Duliajan Camps with the joint efforts of VKVs of Bokuloni and Tingrai; 1st Shibir: 10-15.12.14; 2nd shibir: 27.01.15 - 02.02.15; 230 Jawans of both the camps including thier family members participated. VKV Tingrai organised an exhibition of indigenous materials of Assamese culture on 27.08.14 on its premises.
Umrangso: Career Guidance Programme by a group of teachers of the Vidyalaya in JB Hagjer College from 18-22.09.14. 70 students of the college took part.
Baragolai: Launching of MEJSP in the Vidyalaya with Swachh Bharat Abhiyan on 19.11.14. About 600 students as well as 60 teaching and non-teaching members of the Vidyalaya actively participated. A Grammer and usage workshop for the 49 Teachers of the Vidyalaya on 14 & 15.02.14; Resource Person: Mrs. Sarita Dasgupta, Communications Cell.
Dhemaji: Dampati Sammelan on 09.08.2014 at Marowari Yuva Manch; 25 Couples prticipated. Chief Guest: Dr. Soumitra Pujari, MEJSP Prant Pramukh. A 6-day workshop on 'Spoken English'; 20-25.03.15; 20 Teachers took part; Resource Person: Sri Kiran Gogoi, Sarba Shiksha Abhiyaan, Dhemaji.
Doyang (Nagaland): Elocution Competition on 28.11.14; Venue: Don Bosco Higher Secondary School, Wokha; invocation by Father Mathew C J; 20 Students from different schools and colleges participated; A 13-day Yoga Satra for 30 ladies in the evening hour on Vidyalaya premies: 30.01.15 - 12.02.15; Smt. Nanda Sahu, a teacher of the Vidyalaya, Conducted the Yoga Session.
Nalbari: Matri Sammelans on 1st day of April, May, June, September, November and December (2014) on the Vidyalaya premises; participants: women and mothers from nearby villages and the Vidyalaya; activities: Swadhayaya, group discussion, games etc.
Suklai: Cleanliness Drive in the locality on 16.11.2014; 250 participants included students, teachers and well-wishers; Pariwar Sammelan on 22.12.14; participants: 97; Sri. R.N. Pathak, Officer-in-Charge, VKSPV spoke on 'Role of Parents'.
Tezpur: Handwritig Workshop on 14.02.15; Participants: 37 students from VKV Tezpur and other schools.
Ramnagar (Silchar): Mananeeya Eknathji Janma Shati Parva was formally launched on 11.01.15 in presence of Sri Barenya Das (ACS), ADC, Cachr, Sri Pravin Dabholkar, Jt. Gen Secy, VKK and Prof. N.V. Deshpande,Director, NIT, Silchar, the Donor of a 9-feet high Swami Vivekananda's statue, which was inaugurated and installed at VKV Ramnagar by Swami Pitambaranandaji Maharaj, Senior Monk of Ramkrishna order, Belur Math. Around 2000 persons including parents, students and teachers of the Vidyalaya attended.
VKV (NEC) Baragolai took part in a Capacity Building Programme on Physical Education at Little Stars School, Digboi. Sri Mukesh Kohli, a Physical Education expert from New Delhi guided the participating P.E. teachers of various Vidyalaya of Tinsukia district on 19th March 2015; Little Stars School, Digboi
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Golaghat celebrated 25 years of service to society throughout the session 2014-15. The concluding programme of the celebration was a 3-day public function in which the parents and the alumni of VKV Golaghat took an active part. In the programme all the former Principals of VKV Golaghat also participated.
A 2-day Capacity Building Programme for teachers was conducted by Vidya Institute of Training and Devolopment, Meerath, a CBSE empanelled Agency with two modules namely 'Continuos and Comprehensive Evaluation' and 'Life Skills'. The participants were from VKVs of Dibrugarh, Tingrai, Bokulani, Majuli, Sibsagar, Tezpur and Baragolai apart from Shree Agrasen Academy, Dibrugarh. Sri S.P. Verma, Director of the institute was the resource person in the programme on
Su. Kalpana Mehta, Saha IT Sangathak of VKK Visited VKVs at Tingrai, Bokuloni, Umrangso, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Golaghat, Ramnagar (Silchar), Borjalenga, Bdarpur and Nalbari in January and February 2015. During this period she inspected classrooms, computer laboratories, smart classrooms, computer laboratories, smart classrooms and guided the teachers on various aspects for a better teaching process on
VKSPV conducted Activity Based Learning, Active Learning Methodology and Math workshop with participants from VKVs of Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Tingrai, Bokuloni, Baragolai, Sivsagar, Umrangso and Badarpur.
Sri. S. Pichaiya, Retd. Headmaster from Govt. Higher Secondary School, Madurai and Sri R. Ratnavelu, Asst. Prof. (Retd.) from NCERT, Tamilnadu guided the participants in the workshops. Both as well as Sri M.P. Vijay Kumar (Retd. IAS), former director SSA, Tamilnadu were instrumental in planning, developing and training teachers on Activity Based Learning (ABL) methodology at 25th January to 5th February 2015; 90 teachers; at Tinsukia, Sibsagar, Umrangso & Badarpur
VKV Tinsukia: Kr. Abhilash Roy and Kr. Nayanjyoti Gohain of Class X participated in the Regional Level Science Exhibition 2014 conducted by CBSE in Guwahati from 10th to 12th May 2014. Their model was selected for National Level CBSE Science Exhibition held at Kolkata.
Harsh Birmiwal and Kr. Pulkit Agarwal of Class XII-Commerce scored 100 in Accountancy and Business Studies respectively in AISSCE 2015.
VKV Golaghat: Km. Shivangi Baishya (VII) reached the quarter final in National School Badbinton championship held at Jammu in November 2014. Anurag Kalita (IX) participated in All India Sub-Junior Badminton Tournament 2014 held at Bangalore.
Trisha Gogoi (VI) won the Inter-District Player of the Year Award-2014 at Tarunram Phukan Indoor Stadium, Guwahati. She also secured the 3rd rank in All Assam Junior Girls Ranking-2015.
VKV (NEEPCO) Umrangso: The School football team was adjudged Runner-up in CBSE cluster-I Football tournament in which 39 schools of North-East participated. The team was selected for National Level tournament conducted by CBSE in Gujrat.
Sri. Rituraj Langthasa and Sri. Milon Jyoti Nath (both XI) qualified for the National Level Science Exibition from the regional level held at Guwahati from 28 to 30 January 2015, which was organised by CBSE.
Kr. Anup Jyoti Sarmah, a student of Class XII Arts scored100 in Informatics Practices (065) in AISSCE 2015.
VKV (NEEPCO) Doyang:
Km. Mhoyani Kithan, Km. Mercy Patton and Km. C. Lochumi Ngullie have been selected for Centre for Cultural Resource & Training (CCRT) Scholarship in folk songs and paintings.
Km. Dulumoni Das (VII) and Km. Jellina Borgohain (VI) participated in National level Drama & Dance competition organised by Samskar Bharati Natya Kendra Agra from 14 to 19 October 2014.
An 11-member Kho Kho team of Girl’s participated in the CBSE cluster-I Kho Kho championship and qualified for the national level, held in Haryana from 25 to 30 November 2014.
Kr. Ivan Baruah (X) represented Assam in Under 17 Cricket National School Games in Bhopal.
Kr. Nibir Deka(VIII) played under 14 cricket team of Assam in Kolkata.
Kr. Dibash Barman (VII) represented Nalbari in under 14 football team of the state.
At a glance
|Location :||On Margherita-Ledo section (Stilwel Road) of the National Highway No-37, in village Baragolai of Margherita township, Assam.|
|Address :||Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEC) Baragolai|
(NEC)Baragolai, P/O: Margherita,
PIN-786181, Dist: Tinsukia, Assam (INDIA)
|Phone :||+91-(0)3751 - 213435, +91-(0)3751 - 221227|
|Classes :||From KG to XII (Arts & Science).|
|Medium of Instruction :||English.|
|Other languages taught:||Assamese, Hindi and Sanskrit.|
|Board :||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.|
|Special patronage :||North Eastern Coalfields, Margherita.|
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya (NEC) Baragolai
Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari took over Kendriya Vidyalaya Baragolai in 2000 on invitation from Coal India Ltd. and as per a Memorandum of Understanding between VK Kanyakumari and Coal India Ltd. The Vidyalaya was named VKV (NEC) Baragolai as it was to be financed by North Eastern Coalfields. It was upgraded to Senior Secondary level in 2002. VKV (NEC) Baragolai is the only CBSE affiliated Sr. Secondary school in the locality covering an area of approx. 40 sq. km (by road) from Powai to Jagun.
Unique Features and Best Practices
• The 45-minute long Balsabhas held in the morning hours on every 1st, 2nd and 3rd Saturdays present a unique forum to the students of Primary Section (Classes I to V) to showcase their talent. These are conducted every 1st Saturday house-wise and every 3rd and 4th Saturdays class-wise.
• Anandalayas are the non-formal schools run under the guidance of Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari and these are meant for underprivileged students of remote locations. The activities of the Anandalayas are carried out by the nearest Vivekananda Kendra Vidyaylaya. At present VKV (NEC) Baragolai is running three Anandalayas: Bisagaon Anandalaya [Students: 37, Teachers: 2], 1 No. Makum Pathar Anandalaya [Students: 39, Teachers: 2] and 4 No. Makum Pathar Anandalaya [Students: 42, Teachers: 2]. On first Wednesday of every month VKV (NEC) Baragolai conducts Anandalaya meeting at school site. The meeting is followed by songs, bhajans, prayers, games etc. Teachers entrusted with the responsibility visit the Anandalayas every month. Every Saturday Samskar Varga classes are conducted in the afternoon for the Anandalaya students. The Vidyalaya supports the Anandalayas in celebrating various important occasions also.
• Apart from regular assembly activities such as Prayer, Pledge, Thought explanation etc. students are allowed to present quiz, devotional songs, folk songs, traditional dances, recitation, yogasanas, stories etc.
• Speaking Blackboard near the entrance has on it General and sports news, Sentence Correction and Thought for the Week as regular items as part of the regular House activities. Apart from these, Weekly School Report is put up on the Board every week. Moreover these are assessed by the teachers on a regular basis.
• The Vidyalaya has been bringing out its annual magazine ‘Adarsh’ since its inception.
• The Vidyalaya brings out wall magazines from time to time to showcase the talent of the students. These are prepared mostly by the students with teachers as their guides.
• The Vidyalaya also organises various theme-based exhibitions at school on relevant occasions.
• Green Card System in improving Spoken English at the school has been playing an important role. The photos of the special achievers are displayed near the entrance. Spoken English Classes (Open to all) are also conducted for students of different age groups from time to time. Sri M. S. Rao initiated these activities.
• Science Club appeared in the year 2009 to help children develop in themselves a scientific temperament and also to popularize science among them. Children who participated in the science exhibition 2009 are the members of the club and the children who were selected in that exhibition are the active members of the science club. The club activities are co-ordinated by Sri Manish Kr. Dey.
• The Vidyalaya conducts competitions for nearby schools from time to time.
• The Vidyalaya conducts Yoga Shibirs for its staff and public from time to time. Moreover a Course in Yoga is an integral part of its school curriculum.
• The Vidyalaya has a trained Band troupe.
• As part of its Extensional Activities, the Vidyalaya has extended its helping hand to Central Academy Tipong, a nearby school. A few books were donated to the students and the teachers of the school on 2nd October 2010 to strengthen their library. On 31st October 2010 a one-day Devotional and Patriotic Song Training Workshop was conducted for the teachers of the school.
Remarkable achievements of the school:
The Vidyalaya is scaling new heights in both academics and sports as years pass by.
•Many students of the Vidyalaya have successfully completed and are still pursuing various professional courses such as Medicine, Engineering, Poly-technique etc.
•Many students of the Vidyalaya have won various academic competitions at district, state and national levels.
•Prestigious CBSE Teacher’s Award 2005 was conferred on Sri. S.N.T. RajaRam, the then Principal of the school, on 4th September 2005 by the Human resource Development Minister Sri. Arjun Singh at the India International Centre, New Delhi. He was given a certificate and a cash award of Rs. 25000/- in recognition of his excellence in the field of education.
• Most remarkable achievement of the Vidyalaya in sports has been the clinching of the Champion’s title three times in the CBSE Cluster-I Kho-Kho (Boys) Tournament (East Zone). Hence the Vidyalaya qualified to play at National level CBSE Kho-Kho (Boys) Tournament in 2004, 2007 and recently in 2010. Moreover, ‘Best Kho-Kho Player of the Tournament’ award in the CBSE Cluster-I Kho-Kho (Boys) Tournament (East Zone) was bagged by the players of the Vidyalaya three times: Kr. Deenanath Gour in 2004, Kr. D. Srinivas in 2007 and by Kr. P. Jagan in 2010.
• Apart from many trophies in various categories, the Vidyalaya has bagged the most coveted ‘Best Sports Team’ award in the 7th Vivekananda Krida Mahotsava, 2011.
The Vidyalaya has successfully completed 10 glorious years of its service in the vicinity of Margherita. It has basked in its grand decennial celebration culminating in the 7th Vivekananda Krida Mahotsava, in which 13 VKVs of Assam and Nagaland participated. The Vidyalaya conducted Declamation, Sit-and-Draw and Elocution competitions for 11 nearby schools also as part of its decennial celebration.
Samartha Bharat Parva was conducted in every VKV from 25th December 2014 to 12th January 2015. This programme included speeches on India's glorious past, contribution of India towards the world in different fields, Indian Heritage etc. The 152nd Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda was celebrated in all the vidyalayas with different programmes including Puspanjali Karyakram in Public places near the Vidyalayas on 25th December 2014 to 12th January 2015; all VKVs.
All Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools with Passed alumni have been conducting alumni meets for the last few years:
160 Alumni of VKV Golaghat were present in an Alumni Meet held as part of the Silver Jubilee Celebration of the Vidyalaya on 22nd November 2014.
70 Alumni of VKV Dhemaji assembled in a meet conducted at the Vidyalaya on 3rd January 2015.
VKV Doyang Conducted a meet on 3rd January 2015 with 36 alumni.
VKV Umrangso conducted its third Alumni Meet with a day long programme on 8th January 2015. About 60 Alumni of the Vidyalaya participated in the Meet.
VKV Baragolai conducted its second Alumni Meet on 15th April 2014 with 30 alumni.