At a Glance
|Location :||At Debendra Nagar, Jhoombasti, Badarpur Ghat, Dist- Karimganj, Assam.|
|Address :||Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Badarpur|
Badarpur, Assam (INDIA)
|Classes :||From KG to II.|
|Medium of Instruction :||English.|
|Other languages taught :||Bengali, Hindi and Sanskrit.|
|Board :||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.|
|Special patronage :||Barak Valley Cements Ltd. (BVCL), Badarpur Ghat.|
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Badarpur
VKV Badarpur, the 42nd VKV in the Northeast India, is located near a historic fort on the bank of the river Barak in Karimganj district of Assam. The Vidyalaya started its journey on 23rd March 2009 with the sponsorship and support of Barak Valley Cement Ltd. BVCL approached Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari for setting up a school in the proximity of their Industry at Badarpur Ghat. Two years later the company purchased a plot of land in the name of VK Kanyakumari and also promised to provide permanent infrastructure necessary for running a school up to Class X. Although the Vidyalaya has completed only two years, during the brief period it has tried to spread the message of Swami Vivekananda and Vivekananda Kendra among the people of the locality through different programmes.
Unique Features and Best Practices
• The Vidyalaya conducts competitions and Personality Development Camps for nearby schools.
• It also organises rallies on various important occasions. The Vidyalaya organizes various programmes on occasions like birth anniversary of Thakur Ramakrishna Paramahansha, death centenary of Sister Nivedita, birth anniversary of Kaviguru Ravindranath Tagore etc.
• The Vidyalaya conducts soft subject classes for the students of other schools every Sunday with four disciplines viz. Tabla, Art, Dance & Vocal. Till date 60 students have enrolled themselves for these classes.
• The Vidyalaya holds Parent-Teacher Meetings on a regular basis. During the last two years it has held around 8 meetings with parents and in each meeting parents have expressed their satisfaction over the functioning and activities of the school and its system.
• The Vidyalaya has a competitive fee structure.
• The infrastructure of the school though temporary at present is sufficient for around 200 students.