At a Glance
|Location :||At Village Kajalgaon, Dist- Chirang, BTAD, Assam; about 30 km from the Bongaigaon Railway Station on the Guwahati- Howrah Railway Route.|
|Address :||Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Kajalgaon|
Bengtal Road, Dist.: Chirang, BTAD,
|Phone :||+91-(0)3664 - 294178|
|Email :||vkvkajal [at] vkspv.org|
|Classes :||From KG to IV.|
|Medium of Instruction :||English.|
|Other languages taught :||Bodo, Assamese, Hindi and Sanskrit.|
|Board :||Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.|
Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Kajalgaon
VKV Kajalgaon was opened in January 2007. The Vidyalaya land was donated by BTC Government. In addition to the academic development of the children of the area, it also strives to develop love and respect among them for the rich cultural heritage of our country. Presently the Vidyalaya has 153 students, out of which, except 19 students, all others are from ST, SC, and OBC. A teacher of the Vidyalaya is running a hostel for the needy students and presently 28 students are staying in the hostel.
Unique Features and Best practices
• Parents are involved in different activities of the Vidyalaya.
• On School Annual Day mothers present colourful programmes.
• Personality Development Camps, Sanskar Varga etc. are conducted by the Vidyalaya on regular basis.
• Teachers visit parents and local people frequently.
• Discipline and growth of the students and the teachers are given topmost priority.
• Kum. Nightingle Basumotary of class II secured 1st position in the Inter VKV Chinmoya Geeta Chanting Competition organised by VKSPV at VKV Dhemaji in 2008.
• Baijanti Boro, a teacher of the Vidyalaya, remained Champion in Badminton competition (Women’s category) organized by VKSPV for three consecutive years.
• The Vidyalaya has received Rs. 18 lac as donation from Bongaigaon Refinery and Rs. 10 lakh from Numaligarh Refinery.
• Around 400 plants have been planted by Bongaigaon Refinery in the school campus.
• 100 tractor-loads of land for earth filling and a shed have been donated by BTC Government.
• Though there is no electricity in the vicinity, SIRD has provided a connection to the Vidyalaya very recently.