Wednesday, 15 December 2010
Saturday, 11 December 2010
VKV (NEEPCO) Bokuloni: Smt. Pranami Goswami got two of her books inaugurated at the Asom Sahitya Sabha at Dergaon this year: 'Joy-Jatra'(A Short Biography of Bishnu Rabha for children) and'Dergawe Kotha Koy' (Co-author). Smt. Lukumoni Borthakur got book of nursery rhymes 'Kakoli' inaugurated at the Duliajan Book Fair this year.
Saturday, 20 November 2010
Thursday, 16 September 2010
15th September 2010, 13 VKVs
Participants: 3100 (Juniors: 1700; Seniors: 1400)
Also termed as Nibandha Lekhan Spardha, the Annual Essay Writing Competition was conducted to encourage young writers to express themselves on themes (sub-themes were announced on the day of the competition) such as'Sister Nivedita on National Education','Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore', Akhand Bharat'and'Gurushishya Parampara in the light of Sri Ramakrishna-Vivekananda'. The first two themes were meant for the Juniors (VI-VIII) while the rest for the Senior Group (IX-XII).
Winners in Juniors:
1st : Kr. Priyabrata Singha (VIII), VKV Silchar
2nd : Km. Ameesha Gogoi (VII), VKV Golaghat
3rd : Joint Km. Chayanika Gogoi (VI), VKV (NEEPCO)
Bokuloni & Kr. Prashant Puri (VI), VKV Tinsukia
Winners in Seniors:
1st : Kr. Pratyush Jyoti Sarmah (X), VKV Tinsukia
2nd : Km. Bismita Baruah (XI), VKV Tinsukia
3rd : Kr. Sourabh Baswakarma (X), VKV (NEEPCO) Bokuloni.
Wednesday, 15 September 2010
VKV (NEEPCO) Bokuloni Distributed fruits and bread to the patients in hospitals, Donated education items to the student of rural school and made an effort to spread social awareness in different locations by staging dramas.
Sunday, 15 August 2010
Monday, 2 August 2010
20th July-2nd August 2010; Delhi and Haridwar
Participants: 50 (Students: 38, Teachers: 12)
A unique learning experience for selected students
The educational tour was meant for the VKVians who had participated in Mahabhaskara Shastra Vijnan Pradarshini or had been actively involved in the School Science Club or other science related activities at the school level. This annual tour opens up new vistas of learning to selected students. The team visited various institutions viz. AIIMS, IIT, NPL in Delhi and Deva Samskriti Vishwavidyalaya in Haridwar and interacted with the scientists of the institutions during their 14-day tour.
Saturday, 19 June 2010
15-19 June 2010, participating VKVs: 12
Total participants: 650
Games, stories & cultural activities: Means to develop personality!
VKSPV conducted PDCs simultaneously at 12 VKVs for class VI students in order to develop leadership in them through games, stories, lectures, discussions, dramas etc. The help from the teachers and the well-wishers including the parents in conducting the PDCs was overwhelming.
Tuesday, 15 June 2010
13th-15th June 2010 at VKV Tinsukia
7th -9th November 2010 at VKV Dibrugarh
participants inclusive of principals, vice Principals & Adhikaris: 24 at VKV Tinsukia; 26 at VKV Dibrugarh.
Stressing academic excellence, higher community involvement and nationalistic education,,
Two Principals' Meetings were conducted in the period under review. Besides discussing various academic, administrative and organisational affairs, important decisions were taken for the smooth functioning of the vidyalayas in the meetings. Much emphasis was laid academic excellence, higher community involvement and nationalistic education. Working with respect (Shraddha), orientation to the higher ideals, Poorva Niyojan (Planning in advance) and poorna Niyojan (Detailed Planning) were also a few significant aspects that were taken up in the meetings.
AISSE & AISSCE Results : Session : 2009-10
Monday, 14 June 2010
2008-9 - Students' Achievements
Success of VKV students in various competitive examinations has been always remarkable. The statistics of the academic session 2009-10 substantiate it: AIEEE : 15 NERIST : 01 IIT : 04 PMT : 01 JEE : 19 and Medical : 06.
In particular VKV Tinsukia turned out the highest number of successful candidates this year in competitive exams, the success achieved by any single school so far in the Tinsukia district.
Su. Dipa Das Choudhury (VKV Badarpur) was awarded with Gold Medal by the University of Bangaya Sangeet Kala Kendra, Kolkata for her contribution to Teachers' Training in Creative Dance.
Sri Kalyan Deka, Teacher [VKV (NEEPCO) Doyang] received Shilpi Prerana Award instituted by 'Uttar Purvanchal Niyog Sangvad' for his contribution to the cultural field.
Book Publication by Teachers: 'Bishwasar Abartot Bipanna Jaiba Baichitra' by Sri Sailendra Mohan Das (VKV Tinsukia). Two science guide books for classes VIII & IX by Su. Nabanita Bhuyan [VKV (NEEPCO) Umrangso].
Kr. Kaushik Ranjan Boruah of Class IX contended at the National Level CBSE Science Project Competition and secured 1st position in his group . His theme was “BIOLOGY IN HUMAN WELFARE”. His title of the Project was "Demonstration on a reeling machine used to reel out and pierced cocoons (waste cocoons)”. He received a certificate & cash prize of Rs.3,000/- from the HRD minister Shri Kapil Sibbal. For the same project he was awarded by the former President of India DR. APJ Abdul Kalam on 8th Nov 2010 in IIM, Ahmedabad. He has recently been felicitated as a “child Scientist” by the Golaghat District Administration in the 62nd Republic Day Celebration.
2009-10 Students' Achievements
Success of VKVians in various competitive examinations has been always remarkable. This time it was Sardar Prakash Singh of VKV Tinsukia who stole the show by not only getting enrolled in Birla Institute of Technology, Pillani, Rajhastan in Electrical & Electronics Branch, but also being one among the select 23 to have been awarded the prestigious Aditya Birla Scholarship this year.
A total of 13 students under VKSPV set-up secured CGPA 10 (i.e. Grade A1 in all the subjects); 6 from VKV Golaghat, 5 from VKV Tinsukia and 1 each from VKV Dibrugarh and VKV (NEC) Baragolai.
Kum. Nitika Poddar of VKV Dibrugarh was awarded with ‘CBSE Merit Certificate’ for securing full marks in Accountancy in AISSCE 2009.
VKVians have performed remarkably well in various Olympiads at national level. Around 240 students of VKV (NEEPCO) Bokuloni and VKV Dibrugarh took part in Science and Mathematics Olympiads conducted recently by All India Schools Science Teachers Association, New Delhi.
Students’ Co-scholastic Achievements:
(Achievements at State and National levels)
Achievements of VKVians in co-scholastic areas have been truly phenomenal.
A few available statistics:
● Kum. Priyakshee Katoky (VI) of VKV Dibrugarh, Kum. Parismita Chetia of VKV Tingrai and Kr. Yaman Kalyan Deka (X) of VKV (NEEPCO) Doyang were selected for Cultural Talent Search Scholarship 2009 by Centre of Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) New Delhi; first two in Satriya dance and the other in Tabla respectively.
● A 5 student-team of VKV Nalbari bagged one silver and two bronze medals in the 1st State Level Taekwondo Championship held at Saru Sajai, Guwahati (16th & 17th September 2009).
● In Inter District and State Table Tennis Championship held at Guwahati (24th - 29th October 2009) Kum. Adarsha Sarmah & Kum. Jyotika Dutta of VKV Golaghat (both of Std-VII) won the third prize in Junior Girls Team as well as Cadet Girls Team.
● In the Grand Finale of Chinmaya Geeta Chanting Competition 2009 held at Chinmaya Kendra, Guwahati (8th November 2009) Kum. Sadhana Gurung (V) of VKV Tinsukia secured the 1st position.
● In the period under review (April 2009-March 2010) 18 students of VKV (NEC) Baragolai published excellent creative write-ups in The Assam Tribune under able guidance of Sri Pranab Saikia, a teacher of the school.
● The model prepared by Kr. Saurav Biswarkarma (IX) & Kr. Amardeep Khanikar (VIII) of VKV (NEEPCO) Bokuloni for CBSE Regional Level Science Exhibition held at South Point School, Guwahati (20th - 22nd August 2009) was selected for National Level CBSE Science Exhibition 2009.
● The team of the same school also won the Best Discipline Award in CBSE National Level Kho-Kho Tournament held in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh (1st -4th November 2009).
● 4 students of VKV Nalbari showed their leadership by conducting a Personality Development Camp smoothly at Sarthebari College for 60 senior students of the college.
● The Army selected Kr. Ayandeep Kashyap (IX) and Kr. Nilotpal goswami (VIII) of the same school for National Integration Tour that will take students to Jaipur, Jodhpur, Delhi, Dehradun (IMA).
● Moreover, around 1500 students appeared for Certificate courses in Soft Skills in Drawing, Painting, Vocal Music, Craft, Taekwondo, Karate, Satriya Dance, Tabla, Guitar, Mandolin and Kathak from VKVs at Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Tingrai, Bokulaoni, Ramnagar (Silchar) & Nalbari.
● Two students of VKV Tingrai Kr. Ejit Saikia and Kr. Momin Khan participated in State level National Children’s Science Congress held at Sivasagar and secured the 4th position in Science Model Competition.
● Sri Pranab jyoti Bora of the same Vidyalaya secured 1st position in All India Essay Writing Competition organized by Ram Chandra Mission.
● Kum. Parismita Chetia of VKV Tingrai won ‘POGO Amazing Kids Award’ for her brilliant Satriya dance performance in Kolkata.
● Su. Krishna Bormudoi, VKV Tinsukia, presented an important paper titled “Indigenous Health Practices among the People of Assam to Conserve Our Biodiversity” in the 5th National Teachers Science 2009 held at REGIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (RIE.) Bhubaneswar, Orissa from 1st to 4th October 2009. She was selected from Tinsukia District to participate in the State-level Orientation Workshop on Micro-organisms: ‘Let us Observe and Learn’ from 12 to 14 November 2009 in Department of Botany, Cotton College. The Workshop was organised by the Assam Science Technology and Environment Council, Bigyan Bhyawan, GS. Road, Guwahati-5.
● Sri Sailendra Das, VKV Tinsukia, was invited to train up participants in a workshop (10th-12th November 2009) at Guijan on Biodiversity conservation in which he dealt with the topic ‘Prospects of Eco-Tourism in Tinsukia district’. The workshop was conducted by Environment and Forest Department, Office of the Divisional Forest Officer, Tinsukia Wild Life Division, Tinsukia. He was also the Tinsukia district editor of ‘Vijnan Bithika’ the souvenir for National Children’s Science Congress 2009. He was also a resource person to co-ordinate a discussion on ‘Vulture Conservation’ at Roopnagar Jatiya Vidyalaya near Dibrugarh University.
● Sri Jayanta Topadar, VKV Dhemaji, has been consistently publishing poems, quiz questions, write-ups on the fundamentals of English Improvement in The Assam Tribune and The Sentinel.
● Su. Binita Saikia, VKV (NEC) Baragolai, published ‘Tumi Prithibir Prerona’ an anthology of Assamese poems recently and wrote the script for a Hindi serial ‘Sahara’ which was telecast by DD Northeast in June 2009. Apart from publishing poems in various newpapers & magazines she wrote lyrics for ‘Rangdhali’ a VCD showcasing Bihu songs and dance.
● Gita Sarma, VKV Tinsukia, has published 4 stories of hers in different newspapers in 2009-10.
● Smt. Nabanita Bhuyan, VKV (NEEPCO) Umrangso, wrote a guide book for class ten science, which was published by Assam Academy Centre in March 2010.